The Minneapolis office of Cozen O’Connor is seeking a full time legal secretary with a minimum of two years litigation experience. Hours are 9 AM – 5 PM.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Preparation of documents as assigned by multiple timekeepers
• Efficient workflow which includes the duplication, printing, mailing, and merging of documents
• Proofreading of all work for both content and context
• Preparing and maintaining client and office files both in electronic and paper filing systems
• Accurate inputting of lawyer time into the accounting system
• Preparation and submission of new client and/or new matter forms
• Planning and making travel arrangements which include: transportation, automobile rentals, and hotel reservations
• Preparing and submitting expense reports and check requests
• Working with the Billing Department to resolve billing problems and efficiently process final billing statements
• Working with clients’ electronic billing systems and monitoring billing processes
• Communicating with clients on a daily basis via phone or email. Scheduling and coordinating meetings and conferences.
• Managing attorney’s calendars including docketing
• Scheduling court reporters
• Submitting e-filings to local, state and/or federal courts
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
• Experience with the use of a document management system is preferred
• Redlining experience is preferred
• Strong document processing skills
• Strong project management skills
• Proficiency with Microsoft applications with advanced level in Work and Outlook
• Outstanding written and verbal communications; ability to professionally interact with clients, attorneys, and staff is required
• Ability to work overtime is required
• High School Diploma or its equivalent required
Interested candidates should send a resume and salary requirements to Connie Luckey at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cozen O’Connor is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation or sex.